Natural problem solver who enjoys researching and analyzing data to drive solutions to technical problems. Extensive experience in teaching and translating technical information for audiences of all levels. Highly organized and metrics driven.
Technical Success Engineer
As a Technical Success Engineer at Pendo I provide direct technical support, working to make champions out of our customers. I work to resolve technical issues, establish test cases for developers and to provide recommended best practices for the use of Pendo products.
Digital Technologies Development Librarian
I am a Digital Technologies Development Librarian at NCSU Libraries working to provide technical leadership and hands on programming for a portfolio of digital library projects in the Digital Library Initiatives department. I develop Ruby on Rails applications and static website solutions using Ruby, Jekyll, Python and GitHub. I collaborate on curriculum development and content creation and instruction delivery for library workshops with subject matter experts across the library. I am passionate about demystifying technology and creating environments that allow everyone to gain new skills and a better understanding of the technical foundations we rely on everyday.
- Developing and maintaining back end Ruby on Rails applications to support the preservation and discovery of digital library assets.
- Lead curriculum development and classroom instruction of technical workshops on topics like Web Development, Virtualization and Open Source Software Development best practices to expand overall - knowledge and awareness of these topics amongst university students, faculty and staff.
- Currently project managing and performing technical implementation support for Ruby on Rails applications that support the preservation and discovery layers of library-wide systems.
- Increase cross-departmental collaboration through the integration of new technologies into existing workflows.
- Noticed an opportunity to convert technically expensive and outdated Ruby on Rails applications to static websites that I implemented with a mobile-friendly responsive design and improved content management workflow.
- Acted as the liaison between the end users and developers to create an application to track and display the availability of public computing resources throughout the library.
Information Technology Coordinator
I provided leadership, project management and supervision in the creation of a new walk-in help desk and IT service center that supported a campus community of 50,000 faculty students and staff. I was fortunate to be able to work with amazing students and staff members to establish the policies, processes and training materials that allowed to space to reach exponential growth in the number of customers served while maintaining high customer satisfaction and net promoter scores. We worked to establish a training schedule for students that would allow them to grow more confident in their technical troubleshooting abilities, and if desired allow them to train for and complete Apple Certified Macintosh Technician certification.
- Provided implementation testing and created internal training documentation for the rollout of all new enterprise software solutions.
- Managed a student staff of 20 employees and provided direct supervision of the primary campus walk-in IT service center.
- Created workflow process improvements which enabled a 200% growth in traffic while maintaining positive customer feedback and a high NPS score.
- Managed the development and design of new campus walk-in IT service center, so the University had a more agile way to help students with technical issues.
- Developed the policies, training and technical support materials required which continued to maintain our goal of a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Served as a project management team member for enterprise-level IT systems and services.
Website Project Manager and Systems Administrator
- Managed the design, build and implementation phases of client websites and marketing solutions.
- Provided technical advice and support to the sales team on all website products and online marketing services.
- Researched, tested and implemented new technologies to improve internal processes and project management workflows.
- Created and maintained technical documentation and training materials for the onboarding of new employees.
- Responsible for design, analysis and maintenance of company-wide data network, telephone and storage systems.
A talk outlining technical implementation surrounding of a video-based kiosk web application built in Jekyll
A lightning talk at the 2018 Code4Lib Southeast conference focused on the creation and deployment of a digital preservation platform at NCSU Libraries
A presentation at the 2018 Open Source 101 conference held in Raleigh, NC focused on static website generators
You want to build a blazingly fast, secure and feature-rich website. Perhaps it needs to include dynamic features like search, responsive design and easy editing options for content creators. A static website might not be the first tool that comes to mind to accomplish this task, but it might actually be exactly what you are looking for.
An update on the NCSU Libraries Web Archiving Project
A presentation at the 2016 Archive-It Partner Meeting, focusing on automating the QA workflow to minimize costs by utilizing student employees.
A presentation at the 2016 IIPC Web Archiving Conference, focusing on automating the QA workflow to minimize costs by utilizing student employees
A lightning talk presented at the 2016 Code4Lib conference. Describes how to successfully submit an Instagram API approval packet.
A lightning talk presented at the 2016 Code4Arc pre-conference focused on using consumer software to automate the web archiving quality assurance process.